Mr. Samik Ghosh has over 35 years of experience in the field of education out of which over 17 years as Principal of prominent schools. He has guided new generation schools towards establishing a positive reputation and achieving the goals envisaged. He comes from a family of teachers and educators.
Outlook towards School Leadership:
- To work for a project determined to impact the society through education with a balance between global outlook and local concerns.
- Empowering the students and the staff to take initiatives and work in a collegiate atmosphere and to take ownership of their own growth and the growth of the institution.
- To work with my team and management to bring about development in infrastructure, academic methods and results, technology integration, pastoral care, creating opportunities for wider exposure for teachers and students, cultural activities and internationalism. To establish Film & Image Sense & Appreciation as an integral part of school curriculum as literature, poetry, art, dance and music are today.
Beyond the Curriculum:
- Bringing in respect for diversity, debate and reflective practices.
- Encouraging application oriented Science & Technology programme
- Active involvement with International Bodies that work with school students and teacher such as Round Square, Goethe Centre and International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC).
- Strong commitment to service. Bringing together students and teachers from various schools to conduct developmental projects in a poverty stricken village including Privacy for Women, Toilet Facility, School Development, Road Development, Aesthetic & Artistic Activity, Earning Opportunity for Women through Handicrafts and more.
- Served on the interviewing Board for selecting candidates for the K.C. Mahindra Scholarships for professional courses from the Punjab-Himachal- Haryana Zone and also for the Maharashtra Zone.
- Presented papers at Patha-Bhavana, Visva Bharati, Santiniketan, Bengal on Non-Competitive & Creative Education and at the Economic Times Education Seminar.
- Lead a whole school research on 'Learning through Enquiry and Learning in Groups'.
- Entire Schooling, Graduation (Physics Honours) and Post Graduation (Physics) from Rabindranath Tagore's institution Visva Bharati, Santiniketan, West Bengal.
- B. Ed: YCMOU, Maharashtra
- IB Workshops: Administrator Cat-1, TOK Cat-1, Making the PYP Happen Cat-1, PYP Inquiry Cat-1.
- Course in 'Educational Leadership' at the XLRI, Jamshedpur
Professional Experience:Leadership Roles
- Principal of Candor International School, Bangalore (July 2015 to July 2018): The School offers IBPYP, IBDP, Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge AS&A Level curricula. Led the school through the PYP Authorization process, the IBDP Five Year Evaluation process and introduction of AS& A Level studies. Active member of Heads of Cambridge Schools body and the IB South & East India Heads of School body.
- Principal of The Scindia School, Fort, Gwalior (June 2009 to June 2015): Bringing in the touch of world culture without compromising on the principle of true Indianism. Creating synergy between all stakeholders of the school with a legacy of over a century - students, teachers, management, alumni and parents. Worked towards turn around in infrastructure, academic methods and results, discipline, cultural activities and internationalism.
- Principal of Bombay International School, Mumbai ( June 2000 to July 2004): Strengthened the institution is run by a parents' association adhering to its philosophy of providing creative, intellectually motivating yet stress-free and non-competitive child friendly education.
- Founder Principal of Sree Nidhi International School, Hyderabad (August 2004 and December 2007): Introducing all systems of processes for an aspiring ICSE & IB School. Managing public relations, all changes for moving out of a small building to the campus for a residential cum day school. Defined school culture. Conducted faculty development programmes and guided he teachers to look and think beyond the boundaries of their textbooks and routine duties.
- Principal of The Shri Ram School, Aravalli, Gurgaon: Lead a whole school research on 'Learning through Enquiry and Learning in Groups'. Direct involvement with the team of counselors and psychologists in mentoring young adults and finding solutions to psychological stress faced by the students and their parents. Served in the core committee to organize a national symposium on teaching of Science and Mathematics under the aegis of the Shri Ram School Management.
- The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh: Joined in August, 1981 as a Teacher for Physics at the senior level.
- Housemaster in 1989. Dean of Boys, Department in 1997. Deputy Headmaster (officiating) from February 1999 and the Secretary Academic Council in 2000.
- Represented the school at an international conference.
- Conducted Science Exhibitions, Directed Plays, Led High Altitude Trekking Programmes, Coached Cricket, Introduced Quizzing, Prepared Students for Interschool Cultural Competitions, Conducted Photography-Video Film Making-Audio Visual Work, Edited School Publications.
- Was a member of the core committee for organizing the celebration of 150 years of the school in 1997.
Outside School Education:
- Captained the University Cricket Team for the East Zone Inter-University Cricket Tournament in 1979 & in 1980. Wrote travelogues for a leading Bengali literary magazine.